Open since 1874, Blackburn Museum & Art Gallery houses a fascinating collection of fine art, decorative art, Egyptology, coins, manuscripts, natural history, social history and South Asia.
The museum staff open their doors for extended hours with a host of activities:
- Dressing Up in the Art Gallery, create your own portraits inspired by the artwork around you.
- Come and join in and add your items to the Museum’s Model Town
- Get up close with the museum collections, with their handling boxes
- Meet the Northrop engineer in the Cotton Town Gallery to learn more about the history of the looms and textile industry in Lancashire.
- DesignLabNation exhibition, with work created by 4 secondary schools with a project which is led by the V&A London.
As well as speakers as part of our Programmed Talks and ‘Industrialised: Art in Manufacturing in the Gallery” exhibition.